Chophytol® (Artichoke) 60 coated tablets
One tablet contains
- Active ingredient – Artichoke (leaf extract, dry, aqueous, on maltodextrin) 200.0 mg,
- Excipients: magnesium trisilicate, pregelatinized corn starch, talc, magnesium stearate,
- Shell composition : gummilac (shellac), rosin, gelatin, sucrose, calcium carbonate, dispersed dye, carnauba wax, polysorbate 80.
- Composition of the dispersed dye ( opalux brown AS -9211) : sucrose, iron oxides of yellow, black and brown (E172), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216).
Pharmacokinetic data are not available.
The pharmacological effect of the drug is due to the complex of biologically active substances that make up the field artichoke. Pharmacodynamic studies indicate choleretic, hepatoprotective, antioxidant, mild diuretic, hypocholesterolemic effects.
Indications for use
as a facilitator
– normalization of digestion
– improving the excretory function of the kidneys
Dosage and administration
inside. Only for adults. Take 1-2 tablets with water, 3 times daily before meals or when symptoms occur.
The duration of the course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
The frequency of adverse reactions (AR) used the following classification: very often ≥1/10; often ≥1/100 to ˂1/10; infrequently ≥1/1000 to ˂1/100; rarely ≥1/10000 to ˂1/1000; very rare (˂1/10,000) and unknown frequency (cannot be estimated from available data).
– urticaria, due to the presence of parahydroxybenzoate (esters) in
composition of the drug
– diarrhea when used in high doses.
Information about suspected adverse reactions . Reports of suspected adverse reactions after drug registration are important. This allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk ratio of the drug. Any suspected adverse reactions should be reported to healthcare professionals through the national reporting system.
– hypersensitivity to the components of the drug
– severe liver failure
– acute diseases of the liver, kidneys, bile and urinary tract
– patients with congenital fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrose-isomaltase deficiency
– children’s age up to 18 years
– pregnancy and lactation
Do not use the drug for obstruction of the bile ducts and severe liver failure. In case of diarrhea or abdominal pain, treatment should be discontinued. Due to the presence of sucrose, Hofitol ® is not recommended for fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrose-isomaltase deficiency.
The drug contains parahydroxybenzoate, which can cause the development of allergic reactions (delayed type).
Pregnancy and lactation
Appropriate teratogenicity studies in animals have not been performed.
Currently, there are no clinical data confirming the ability of the drug to cause congenital malformations or have a toxic effect on the fetus. However, the effect of the drug on the course of pregnancy has not been studied enough to completely eliminate the risk.
For safety reasons, it is not recommended to use this drug during pregnancy and lactation.
Features of the influence of the drug on the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous mechanisms
Does not affect
At a temperature not higher than 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 3 years
Do not use after the expiration date.
There are no reviews yet.