What is Tenoten?
Tenoten is a homeopathic medication often utilized for its potential anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) and antidepressant effects. It is based on highly diluted antibodies to the brain-specific protein S-100B. Here are some key points about Tenoten based on various studies:
- Anxiolytic and Antidepressant Properties: Tenoten has been described as a new anxiolytic and antidepressant that influences neuronal plasticity and higher nervous activities. It is considered clinically comparable to drugs like amitryptiline, sertraline, and phenazepam but without their potent sedative relaxation effects.
- Clinical Trials for Anxiety and Neurotic Disorders: A multicenter double-blind placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial investigated the safety and efficacy of Tenoten in treating anxiety in adults with various neurotic disorders. The trial showed significant effectiveness of Tenoten over placebo in reducing anxiety symptoms.
- Use in Epilepsy: Another study demonstrated the efficiency and safety of Tenoten for anxiety and depression disorders in patients with epilepsy. Notably, Tenoten did not affect the incidence or severity of epileptic episodes and could be effectively combined with anticonvulsants.
- Tenoten has also been studied for its potential efficacy in treating Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children. A double-blind, placebo-controlled study assessed the effectiveness and safety of Tenoten (TC, ultra-low doses of antibodies to S100 protein) in children diagnosed with ADHD. This study involved 50 children aged between 6 to 12 years who met the DSM-IV criteria for ADHD. The results indicated that Tenoten significantly decreased ADHD symptoms, including reductions in hyperactivity and inattention scores, without any reported adverse effects. The study concluded that Tenoten demonstrated good clinical efficacy and safety in children with ADHD.
This medication offers anxiolytic, antidepressant, nootropic, stress-protective, anti-asthenic, anti-amnestic, anti-hypoxic, and neuroprotective effects. It influences the S-100 protein, which plays a crucial role in synaptic and metabolic brain processes.
It does not induce sedation, muscle relaxation, or anticholinergic effects. In conditions like intoxication, hypoxia, or acute cerebral circulation disorders (such as strokes), it provides neuroprotection, limiting damage and restoring learning and memory in the CNS. It also inhibits lipid peroxidation.
Indications for Use
- Neurotic and neurosis-like disorders with anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Asthenic states.
- Conditions with emotional tension, aggression, vegetative disturbances, fear, apathy, and reduced activity.
- Organic CNS lesions, including post-stroke recovery.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- CNS conditions with impaired intellectual and mnemonic functions, including dementia.
Dosage and Administration
Dissolve one tablet in the mouth for a standard dose or two tablets for severe cases (keep in the mouth until fully dissolved). Depending on severity, take 1 to 6 doses daily. Treatment typically lasts 1-3 months but can be extended up to 6 months or repeated after 1-2 months if needed.
No side effects reported for indicated use.
Avoid if sensitive to any components.
No known interactions with other medications.
No impairment of vehicle operation or machinery use.
No overdose cases reported.
Each tablet contains:
Active ingredients: Antibodies to brain-specific protein S-100, purified and diluted homeopathically (C12, C30, C200) – 0.003g Excipients: Lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.