- One capsule contains active ingredients:
- dry extract of valerian officinalis, standardized for valeric acids (as the sum of hydroxyvaleric, acetoxyvaleric and valeric acids) 125 mg,
- dry extract of lemon balm, standardized by rosemary acid 25 mg,
- dry extract of peppermint 25 mg,
excipients: soy lecithin, coconut oil, palm oil, beeswax, refined soybean oil,
capsule composition: gelatin, glycerin, titanium dioxide (E 171), black iron oxide (E172), chlorophyll copper complex (E141), yellow quinoline (E 104).
The action of the drug is provided by the combined action of its constituent components, therefore, kinetic observations are not possible.
Vamelan is a combined herbal remedy with a sedative effect. It contains three components – extracts of medicinal plants: valerian, peppermint and lemon balm.
Valerian extract has sedative properties, reduces tension and irritability, characteristic of mental fatigue and neurasthenia. In case of insomnia, restores normal sleep. It has an antispasmodic effect.
Peppermint extract has an antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, also has a choleretic and carminative effect, and is effective for mild insomnia.
Lemon balm essential oils relieve pain and gastrointestinal cramps. Due to this quality, lemon balm is widely used as an antispasmodic, pain reliever for colic. Essential oils of lemon balm have a calming effect on patients suffering from neurasthenia, increase their appetite (often reduced).
Indications for use
As a sedative:
– with increased nervous excitability
– with nervous tension
– with irritability
– with a feeling of anxiety, depression
– for sleep disorders, insomnia.
Method of administration and dosage
Adults are usually prescribed 1-2 capsules 2-3 times a day. For insomnia, the dose of the drug is 1-2 capsules one to two hours before bedtime.
Usually, the course of treatment lasts 2-4 weeks, if ineffective. A doctor’s consultation is required to decide whether to continue treatment. If necessary, the course of treatment can be repeated.
– allergic reactions
– nausea, stomach cramps – constipation (with prolonged use) – lethargy, depression, weakness, decreased performance (when taken in high doses)
– hypersensitivity to drug components
– depression, diseases accompanied by depression of the central nervous system
– pregnancy and lactation – children under 18 years of age.
With the simultaneous use of the drug with drugs that have a depressing effect on the central nervous system, Vamelan enhances their effect.
Withdrawal of the drug does not develop withdrawal syndrome. The drug is used for mild forms of sleep disorders and nervous excitability.
Pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not recommended during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Features of the influence of the drug on the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous mechanisms
During the period of treatment, care must be taken when driving vehicles and potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Symptoms: increased side effects.
Treatment: gastric lavage is possible, symptomatic therapy if necessary.
Store at temperatures between 15 and 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 3 years
Do not use after the expiration date.