- New Arrivals
- Hot items
- Amizone® is an antiviral agent derived from isonicotinic acid. Effectively suppresses the action of influenza viruses and other pathogens of acute respiratory viral infections due to the direct (inhibitory) effect on the process of viral penetration through the cell membrane.
- It has interferonogenic properties, increases the concentration of endogenous interferon (interferon alpha and interferon gamma) in blood plasma by 3-4 times.
- Increases the body’s resistance to viral infections.
- Reduces acute clinical manifestations of viral intoxication, helps to reduce the duration of the disease.
- Indications of the drug Amizone® Treatment of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections, incl. as part of complex therapy.
1 tablet contains active ingredient: amizone® (enisamium iodide) 0.125 g
Indications for use
– Treatment and prevention of diseases: influenza and respiratory viral infections; Infectious mononucleosis; measles, rubella, chickenpox, mumps infection; pellinosis (cat scratch disease); non-specific chemoprophylaxis of hepatitis A, E;
– As part of complex therapy: viral, viral-bacterial and bacterial pneumonia and tonsillitis; skin-articular form of erysipeloid; meningitis and meningoencephalitis of viral etiology; herpes infection; hepatitis A, E; pain syndromes in osteochondrosis, herniated intervertebral discs, arthritis, neuralgia.
Method of administration and dosage
Amizone® should be taken orally after meals without chewing. The maximum single dose is 1000 mg, the daily dose is 2000 mg. The recommended course of treatment, depending on the severity and etiology of the disease, is from 5 to 30 days.
Influenza and other respiratory viral infections
Treatment. Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 250-500 mg 2-4 times a day for 5-7 days; children from 6 to 12 years old are prescribed 125 mg 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.
Prevention. Adults and children over 16 years old – 250 mg per day for 3-5 days, further – 250 mg 1 time in 2-3 days for 2-3 weeks; children 6-12 years old – 125 mg every other day for 2-3 weeks; children from 12 to 16 years old – 250 mg every other day for 2-3 weeks.
With meningoencephalitis, Amizone® is prescribed for adults at 250 mg 3 times a day for 10 days.
For the treatment of measles, rubella, chickenpox for adults and children over 16 years old – 500 mg 3 times a day; children 6-7 years old – 125 mg 3 times a day; children 8-12 years old – 125 mg 4 times a day; children 13-14 years old – 250 mg 3 times a day; children 14-16 years old – 250 mg 4 times a day.
For the treatment of mumps infection, adults and children over 14 years of age are prescribed 250 mg 4 times a day with an average severity of the disease and 500 mg 3 times a day with a severe course for 6-7 days; children 12-14 years old are prescribed 250 mg 3-4 times a day for 6-7 days.
For non-specific chemoprophylaxis of mumps infection, adults are prescribed 250 mg 2 times a day for 10-14 days.
In case of moderate infectious mononucleosis for adults and children over 12 years old – 250 mg of Amizon® 3-4 times a day and for children from 6 to 12 years old – 125 mg 3 times a day. In severe cases, the first 2-3 days for adults and children over 12 years old – 1500-2000 mg per day, for children from 6 to 12 years old – up to 1000 mg per day. After reaching the clinical effect, the dose can be halved.
For the treatment of fellinosis, adults and children over 14 years of age are prescribed 250 mg 3-4 times a day with moderate severity and 500 mg 3 times a day with a severe form of the disease. Children aged 6-9 years – 125 mg 3 times a day; children 10-14 years old – 125 mg 4 times a day.
For the skin-articular form of erysipeloid, adults – 500 mg 3 times a day for 7-14 days.
Viral hepatitis A, E. In complex therapy for adults – 250 mg 3 times a day for the first 5 days. For nonspecific chemoprophylaxis in adults – 250 mg 3 times a day.
In the complex therapy of pneumonia for adults – 250 mg 3 times a day for 10-15 days.
In the complex therapy of angina for adults – 250 mg 3-4 times a day for 5 days with an average severity of the disease; 500 mg 3-4 times a day for 7 days in severe disease.
For pain syndromes, adults are used 250-500 mg 3-4 times a day.
Allergic reactions: hypersensitivity reactions, including skin rashes, urticaria, angioedema, itching.
On the part of the digestive system: dry and bitter taste in the mouth, edema of the oral mucosa, hypersalivation, staining of the tongue yellow, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, abdominal pain, heaviness in the right hypochondrium, diarrhea, bloating.
From the respiratory system: shortness of breath, throat irritation.
In the post-registration period, the following adverse reactions were noted in isolated cases: headache, dizziness, weakness, fluctuations in blood pressure.
– hypersensitivity to iodine preparations and to other components of the drug
– the presence of allergic reactions, regardless of the nature of the allergen in the history
– severe organic damage to the liver and kidneys
– first trimester of pregnancy
– children under 6 years old
Amizon® enhances the effect of antibacterial and immunomodulating agents. A combination of this drug with ascorbic acid and other vitamins is advisable. Also, Amizon® can be administered simultaneously with the use of recombinant interferon.
Care should be taken to prescribe the drug to patients with thyroid diseases, especially with hyperthyroidism.
The drug contains lactose, therefore, patients with rare hereditary forms of galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome should not use the drug.
Application during pregnancy or lactation
Application in the II and III trimester of pregnancy is possible only as directed by a doctor. There are no data on the use of women who are breastfeeding.
Features of the effect of the drug on the ability to drive vehicles and potentially dangerous mechanisms
Taking Amizone® does not affect the ability to drive vehicles or work with other mechanisms.
No cases of overdose with Amizon® have been reported. In case of an overdose, an increase in the manifestations of side reactions is possible: staining of the mucous membranes in brown, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. There may be the development of edema, erythema, acne-like and bullous eruptions, and fever.
Treatment: gastric lavage, symptomatic treatment.
Store in a dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 3 years
Do not use the drug after the expiration date.