One tablet contains
- Active ingredient: Nystatin 111 mg (500,000 IU)
- Excipients: lactose monohydrate (milk sugar), magnesium hydroxycarbonate (basic magnesium carbonate), hypromellose (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), calcium stearate monohydrate, potato starch
- Shell excipients: lactose monohydrate (milk sugar), hypromellose (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), titanium dioxide (E171), polysorbate-80 (tween-80), talc, vanillin, quinoline yellow dye (E 104), tropeolin O dye
The drug is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The bulk of the drug taken orally is excreted in the feces. Nystatin does not have cumulative properties.
Polyene antifungal antibiotic, highly active against yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida. The structure of the antibiotic contains double bonds that have a high affinity for the sterol structures of the cytoplasmic membrane of fungi, which contributes to the incorporation of the drug molecule into the cell membrane and the formation of a large number of channels through which uncontrolled transport of electrolytes occurs, an increase in osmolarity inside the cell leads to cell death. Resistance develops very slowly.
Indications for use
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes of the skin and internal organs
- Prevention of fungal complications during long-term antibiotic treatment, especially in malnourished and debilitated patients
Dosage and administration
For the treatment of candidiasis of the internal organs, Nystatin is used orally, regardless of the meal.
Adults are prescribed 111 mg (500,000 IU) 3-4 times or 55.5 mg (250,000 IU) 6-8 times a day. With generalized candidiasis, the daily dose can be increased to 6,000,000 IU.
The duration of the course of treatment is 10-14 days. If necessary, the course can be repeated after a week.
Possible side effects
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Chills, hyperthermia
- Skin itching, allergic reactions
- In these cases, reduce the dose or cancel the drug.
- Liver dysfunction, pancreatitis
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum
- Children’s age up to 18 years
With the simultaneous use of Nystatin with clotrimazole, the activity of the latter decreases.
In fungal diseases of the vagina, simultaneous treatment of the sexual partner is recommended.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the drug is contraindicated. During lactation, it is used only if the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the child.
Features of the effect of the drug on the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous mechanisms
The use of the drug does not affect the ability to drive vehicles and engage in other potentially hazardous activities that require an increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 2 years
Do not use after the expiration date.