Galvus Met® Vildagliptin 50 mg + Metformin 850 mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines that control high blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. This helps prevent serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage and blindness and may reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke.
BENEFITS OF GALVUS MET TABLET
In Type 2 diabetes mellitus
SIDE EFFECTS OF GALVUS MET TABLET
Common side effects of Galvus Met
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
HOW TO USE GALVUS MET TABLET
HOW GALVUS MET TABLET WORKS
Interactions with Galvus Met Tablet
When not to use Galvus Met Tablet
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Cardiovascular collapse
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Disease of the pancreas
- Heart failure
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Missing a dose
Overdosage of Galvus Met Tablet
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Galvus Met Tablet, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Galvus Met Tablet
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Galvus Met Tablet.
Expired Galvus Met Tablet
- Taking a single dose of expired Galvus Met Tablet is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.