One tablet contains the active substance – Galavit® 0.025 g,
excipients: sorbitol, starch, lactose, calcium stearate, talc and racementol (menthol)
Galavit® is rapidly absorbed, penetrates into organs, tissues and biological fluids. The maximum concentration in blood plasma after sublingual administration is reached after 24 minutes. Communication with plasma proteins – 6%. The maximum concentration of the drug is in the kidneys, the minimum in the muscles and tissues of the brain. The absolute bioavailability of Galavita® when administered sublingually is 60%. The drug crosses the blood-brain and placental barrier. It is excreted from the body, mainly through the kidneys. With sublingual administration, the half-life of the drug is 30 minutes.
Galavit® is used as an immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory agent in the complex therapy of immunodeficiency states. The mechanism of action of the drug is associated with its ability to affect the functional and metabolic activity of phagocytic cells (monocytes / macrophages, neutrophils, natural killer cells). In addition, Galavit® normalizes antibody production, indirectly stimulates the production of endogenous interferons (IFN-α, IFN-γ).
In inflammatory diseases, the drug reversibly inhibits for 6-8 hours the excessive synthesis of tumor necrosis factor-α, interleukin-1, interleukin-6 and other pro-inflammatory cytokines, reactive oxygen species by hyperactivated macrophages, the level of which determines the degree of inflammatory reactions, their cyclicity, as well as the severity intoxication and the level of oxidative stress. The normalization of the functional state of macrophages leads to the restoration of the antigen-presenting and regulatory function of macrophages, a decrease in the level of autoaggression. Stimulates the bactericidal activity of neutrophilic granulocytes, enhancing phagocytosis and increasing the body’s nonspecific resistance to infectious diseases. The main pharmacological effects (immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory) are observed within 72 hours.
Indications for use
In adults and children over 12 years of age
– purulent-inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs in women of reproductive age;
– inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa and throat, periodontal disease;
– frequent recurrent diseases of the respiratory tract and ENT organs of bacterial and viral etiology (frequent ARVI, bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic tonsillitis, chronic otitis media, chronic adenoiditis) and their prevention.
Method of administration and dosage
Adults and children over 12 years old.
Sublingually, 1 tablet daily up to 4 times a day or 2 tablets daily up to 2 times a day, depending on the diagnosis and severity of the disease.
– For purulent-inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organ in women of reproductive age, 2 tablets 2 times a day every 48 hours for 3 weeks.
– For inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa and throat, periodontal diseases: an initial dose of 1 tablet 4 times a day for 5 days, then 1 tablet 4 times a day after 72 hours. The course is up to 3 weeks.
– With frequent recurrent diseases of the respiratory tract and ENT organs of bacterial and viral etiology (frequent ARVI, bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic tonsillitis, chronic otitis media, chronic adenoiditis): apply 4 times a day, 1 tablet for 5 days, then 7 days for 1 tablet 4 times a day every 48 hours. Course up to 3 weeks
– For the prevention of acute respiratory infections and influenza, 1 tablet 2 times a day. The course is 5-10 days.
For elderly patients, the dose is not adjusted.
Rarely (0.01% to 0.1%)
– allergic reactions from the skin and subcutaneous tissues: skin rash, itching, urticaria
– individual hypersensitivity to the drug
– pregnancy and lactation
– hereditary lactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency, glucose and galactose malabsorption syndrome
– children under 12 years of age.
With simultaneous use, it is possible to reduce the course doses of antibiotics. Cases of incompatibility with other drugs have not been noted.
Application in pediatrics
The drug is not prescribed for children under 12 years of age.
Pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not prescribed for pregnant women, women during breastfeeding
Store in a dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 3 years
Do not use after the expiration date.