What Is Clodifen 5% Diclofenac Gel?
Clodifen 5% diclofenac gel is a medication used to relieve pain and reduce swelling in conditions like arthritis, strains, sprains, and other injuries. It belongs to a class of medications known as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which work by reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation.
How Should I Use Clodifen 5% Diclofenac Gel?
- Prepare the Area: Clean and dry the area of skin where you’ll apply the gel. Make sure it’s free of any cuts, rashes, or infections.
- Apply the Gel: Squeeze a small amount of gel (usually the size of a cherry or as directed by your healthcare provider) onto your hand and gently rub it into the affected area until it’s fully absorbed. Avoid applying it to large areas of the body unless instructed by your doctor.
- Wash Your Hands: After applying the gel, wash your hands thoroughly, unless your hands are the area being treated.
- Frequency of Use: Apply the gel as directed by your healthcare provider, typically 3-4 times a day. It’s important not to use more than the recommended dose or use it more frequently than advised.
Can I Cover the Treated Area?
After applying Clodifen gel, you should wait for the gel to dry completely before covering the treated area with clothing or bandages. Do not use airtight (occlusive) dressings unless your doctor advises you to do so.
What Should I Avoid While Using This Gel?
- Sun Exposure: Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight on the treated areas, as diclofenac can make your skin more sensitive to UV rays. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing if you need to be outdoors.
- Avoiding Other Products: Do not apply other skin products (like lotions, cosmetics, or other topical medications) on the same area without checking with your healthcare provider first.
What Are the Possible Side Effects?
While most people do not experience severe side effects, some may notice skin reactions at the application site, such as redness, itching, or dryness. More serious side effects are rare but can include stomach pain, difficulty breathing, and signs of an allergic reaction. If you experience any concerning symptoms, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
What If I Miss a Dose?
If you forget to apply your Clodifen gel at the scheduled time, apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
How Should I Store Clodifen Gel?
Store the gel at room temperature, away from direct light and moisture. Keep it out of reach of children and pets. Do not freeze the gel, and do not use it past its expiration date.