One tablet contains
active substance – activated carbon 0.25 g
auxiliary substance – potato starch 0.047 g
The drug is insoluble in biologically liquid media, does not exhibit chemical activity and is completely removed from the intestine within 24-48 hours.
It is characterized by high surface activity, which determines the ability to bind substances that reduce surface energy (without changing their chemical nature). Sorbs gases, toxins, alkaloids, glycosides, heavy metal salts, salicylates, barbiturates, etc., reducing their absorption in the gastrointestinal tract and promoting excretion from the body with feces. It is active as a sorbent in hemoperfusion. Poorly adsorbs acids and alkalis (including iron salts, cyanides, malathion, methanol, ethylene glycol).
Indications for use
– used as a detoxifying agent for exogenous and endogenous intoxications of various origins
– in the complex treatment of food toxicoinfection, salmonellosis, dysentery.
– in case of poisoning with drugs (psychotropic, sleeping pills, narcotic drugs, etc.), alkaloids, heavy metal salts and other poisons
– for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by dyspepsia, flatulence
– with food and drug allergies
– with hyperbilirubinemia (viral hepatitis and other jaundice) and hyperazotemia (renal failure)
– to reduce gas formation in the intestine before ultrasound and X-ray examination
Method of administration and dosage
With flatulence and dyspepsia, take 1 to 3 tablets 3-4 times a day. For a faster and more pronounced effect, the tablets after crushing can be taken in the form of an aqueous suspension (for ½ glass of water). In the same form, but in a larger amount of water, it is prescribed orally in a dose of 20-30 g per intake in case of poisoning. Moreover, the specified suspension is also used for gastric lavage. In water, 1-2 g 3-4 times a day are also prescribed with increased acidity of the stomach (it can also be taken with flatulence).
In addition, in case of intoxication, activated carbon is used as part of a mixture containing 2 parts of the latter and 1 part of magnesium oxide and tannin each (a suspension of 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a glass of warm water).
The course of treatment for acute diseases is from 3 to 5 days, for allergies and chronic diseases – up to 14 days. A second course of treatment – in two weeks on the recommendation of a doctor.
Possible Side effects
– a decrease in the absorption of fats, proteins, vitamins, hormones from the gastrointestinal tract
– staining the stool black
– with hemoperfusion through activated carbon, embolism may develop
– hemorrhages, hypoglycemia, hypocalcemia, hypothermia, hypotension
– candidiasis of the oral mucosa
– pseudomembranous colitis
– liver dysfunction
– ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract
– stomach bleeding
– the simultaneous appointment of antitoxic substances, the effect of which develops after absorption
Reduces the absorption and effectiveness of drugs, reduces the activity of intragastrically active substances.
Due to its sorption capacity, activated carbon can reduce the effectiveness of drugs taken simultaneously. Therefore, with concomitant pharmacotherapy, activated carbon is taken 1-1.5 hours before or after the same time after taking medications.
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature of 8 ˚С to 15 С.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life 2 years
Do not use after the expiration date.