One tablet contains active ingredients:
- Bromelain 450 FIP unit (90 mg)
- Trypsin 1440 FIP unit (48 mg)
- Rutoside trihydrate (100 mg)
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, pregelatinized starch, magnesium stearate, stearic acid 70, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, talc.
Shell composition: macrogol 6000, methacrylic acid – methyl methyl acrylate copolymer (1: 1), talc, triethyl citrate, vanillin.
Enteric coating helps enzymes reach small intestine per dose of 3 tablets
Absorption and distribution:
Large molecular substances, such as the enzymes contained in Wobenzym plus, are absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract by various cell-mediated mechanisms and bind to blood transport proteins (alpha-1-antitrypsin, alpha-2-macroglobulin). After oral administration of enzymes, there is a good correlation between the plasma concentration of trypsin or bromelain and the dose taken. Therapeutic concentrations are achieved within 4 days of taking the drug. Active substances in combination with blood transport proteins (alpha-1-antitrypsin, alpha-2-macroglobulin) bind to cellular receptors and are subsequently excreted through the system of mononuclear phagocytes, as well as other mechanisms. Unabsorbed hydrolases and rutoside are excreted in the feces, provided that they are not denatured and not digested.
Wobenzym plus improves the functional state of blood cells and the vascular wall, reduces blood viscosity and the risk of blood clots in blood vessels, helps dissolve already formed blood clots.
The enzymes bromelain, trypsin and rutosid have an effect on edema of inflammatory and non-inflammatory origin (soft tissue damage, sports injuries), as a result, pain syndrome decreases, which is explained by the direct proteolysis of inflammatory mediators by the enzymes that make up Wobenzym plus, as well as by reducing oncotic pressure in the focus of inflammation. This leads to a decrease in edema, tissue tension and pressure on nerve endings.
Wobenzym plus improves microcirculation in the foci of inflammation, increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients (blood supply), thereby stimulating reparative processes in chronic diseases and in the postoperative period.
Wobenzym plus improves the blood supply to the bronchi and lung tissue in chronic diseases of the respiratory tract, dilutes sputum, improves the function of the ciliated epithelium and restores the drainage function of the bronchi.
In tests of the enzymes bromelain and trypsin, in vitro and in vivo, their inhibitory effect on the formation of (pathogenic) immune complexes, activation of unstimulated mononuclear cells and decreased expression of adhesive molecules (eg, CD 44, CD 54, also known as ICAM – 1).
Wobenzym plus increases the effectiveness of antibiotics by improving microcirculation and blood supply in the inflammation focus.
Wobenzym plus does not replace antibiotic treatment of infectious inflammation, but increases their effectiveness.
Indications for use
In complex therapy:
– post-traumatic and postoperative edema
– lymphatic edema and microcirculatory disorders
– phlebitis, post-thrombotic syndrome (condition after repeated inflammation of the veins), trophic ulcers;
– acute and chronic inflammation of the genitourinary tract in men: cystitis, urethritis, cystopyelitis, prostatitis;
– acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs in women: adnexitis, salpingoopharitis;
– rheumatoid arthritis, soft tissue rheumatism (for example: muscular rheumatism, tennis elbow syndrome or lateral epicondylitis, frozen shoulder syndrome or adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder joint, tendovaginitis), degenerative diseases of the joints and spine.
Can be used in adults and children from 6 years old.
Method of administration and dosage
The tablets are taken orally, at least 30 minutes before meals, without chewing, with water (200 ml).
For therapeutic purposes, take 3 tablets 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
In special cases (severe illness, acute inflammation, after trauma and in the postoperative period, when it is necessary to quickly stop swelling, bruising and hemorrhage), the maximum recommended dose is 12 tablets per day, divided into three doses.
For prophylaxis, it is recommended to use in a dosage of 2 tablets 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
Children from 6 to 12 years old – 1 tablet per day for 10 kg of the child’s weight. This dose should be divided into two or three doses. From 12 years old according to the scheme for adults.
Changing the course of taking and dosages of the drug is possible only after consulting a doctor.
Possible side effects
- increased stool
- changes in the consistency and odor of feces, which are quickly stopped with a temporary decrease in the dose of the drug
- occasionally, an allergic reaction (skin rash, itching) may occur, which disappears after stopping treatment with the drug
- nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain, headache, exanthema, general weakness
- a feeling of fullness in the intestines. This can be prevented by dividing the daily dose into more single doses.
- individual intolerance
- congenital or acquired bleeding disorders (eg, hemophilia)
- acute liver disease
- children under 6 years old
There were no cases of incompatibility with other drugs. The use of Wobenzym plus together with antibiotics increases the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy.
In the case of infectious processes, Wobenzym plus does not replace antibiotics.
In case of exacerbation of the disease while taking Wobenzym plus, a temporary dose reduction is recommended and you should consult a doctor.
Hemodialysis is possible only after consulting a doctor.
Patients with diabetes mellitus should take into account that each tablet of the drug contains 0.015 bread units.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, use with caution, only in cases where the expected benefit of therapy for the mother outweighs the potential risk of side effects in the fetus (only after consulting a doctor!)
Features of the influence of the drug on the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous mechanisms
The drug is not doping and does not have a negative effect on driving a car and performing work that requires a high speed of mental and physical reactions.
Cases of drug overdose are unknown.
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 15°C and 25°C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 2 years
Do not use after the expiration date indicated on the packaging!