One capsule of Ketonal® DUO contains ketoprofen 150 mg, in the form of modified release pellets.
– Individual hypersensitivity to ketoprofen, aspirin or other NSAIDs (a history of bronchospasm, urticaria or rhinitis associated with taking acetylsalicylic acid)
– Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute phase (gastritis, gastric ulcer)
– Severe disorders of the liver or kidneys
– Blood disorders (leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, hemocoagulation disorders)
– Pregnancy and lactation
– Children’s age (up to 15 years).
Unwanted side effects are usually mild.
1. Among the reported side effects, gastrointestinal disorders were more common than others:
– decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea.
Such undesirable effects can be avoided by taking the drug after a meal.
2. In rare cases, there are:
– headache, dizziness, drowsiness, depression, insomnia, nervousness,
– peripheral edema, skin rashes and other hypersensitivity reactions, such as anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm, asthma attack.
3. Very rarely noted:
– impaired liver and kidney function
– visual disturbances and tinnitus
– agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia and anemia.
Mode of application
The standard dose is one capsule of Ketonal DUO (150 mg) once a day or one capsule twice a day (one capsule every 12 hours). The maximum daily dose is 300 mg.
Tablets should be swallowed with a full glass of water.
The capsules can also be taken with milk.
To reduce the risk of side effects from the gastrointestinal tract, it is recommended to take antacids (drugs that reduce the secretion of gastric juice).
Indications for use
1. Diseases of the joints:
– Rheumatoid arthritis
– Seronegative spondyloarthritis (ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis)
– Gout, pseudogout
– Extra-articular rheumatism (tendonitis, bursitis, capsulitis of the shoulder joint)
2. Pain syndrome:
– Pain with bone metastases in cancer patients.