One suppository contains
- D-Panthenol (dexpanthenol) – 0.1 g
- Chlorhexidine bigluconate – 0.016 g,
Excipients: polyethylene oxide base: macrogol 1500 (polyethylene oxide 1500), macrogol 400 (polyethylene oxide 400) – to obtain a suppository weighing 3.0 g.
Depantol® is a combined preparation for local use, which has a regenerating, antiseptic and metabolic effect.
Chlorhexidine, which is part of the drug, is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria: Treponema pallidum, Chlamidia spp., Ureaplasma spp., Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Gardnerella vaginalis, Bacteriodes fragilis, E. coli, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp .; yeast, dermatophytes, protozoa (Trichomonas vaginalis). Some strains of Pseudomonas spp., Proteus spp. are slightly sensitive to the drug, as well as acid-resistant forms of bacteria, bacterial spores.
Dexpanthenol, which is part of the drug, stimulates the regeneration of mucous membranes, normalizes cellular metabolism, accelerates mitosis and increases the strength of collagen fibers.
Depantol® does not interfere with the functional activity of lactobacilli. Retains activity (albeit somewhat reduced) in the presence of blood, pus.
Indications for use
- Treatment of acute and chronic vaginitis, endo/exocervicitis, including those complicated by cervical ectopia
- Treatment of true erosions of the cervix of a specific etiology (as part of complex therapy)
- To improve the regeneration of the mucous membrane of the vagina and cervix after destructive methods of treatment (diathermocoagulation, cryodestruction, laser destruction) in the postoperative, postpartum periods.
Dosage and administration
Apply intravaginally. Before use, the suppository is released from the contour packaging.
Adults: 1 suppository 2 times a day for 7-10 days. If necessary, it is possible to extend the course of treatment up to 20 days.
- Itching, burning, passing after discontinuation of the drug
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug
Depantol® is not compatible with detergents containing an anionic group (saponins, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium carboxymethylcellulose) and soaps if they are administered intravaginally.
Simultaneous use with iodine is not recommended.
Not applicable in pediatric practice
Pregnancy and lactation
Used according to indications.
The peculiarity of the effect of the drug on the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous mechanisms
Does not affect the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous machinery.
No cases of drug overdose have been reported.
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 20ºС.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 2 years
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the packaging!