1 ml of solution contains:
Active ingredient – Cerebrolysin concentrate (a complex of peptides derived from the brain of a pig) 215.2 mg,
Excipient – water for injection
The complex composition of Cerebrolysin®, the active fraction of which consists of a balanced and stable mixture of biologically active oligopeptides with a total polyfunctional effect, does not allow for the usual pharmacokinetic analysis of individual components. After a single injection, the neurotrophic activity of Cerebrolysin® is fixed in the blood plasma for up to 24 hours.
Cerebrolysin® contains low molecular weight biologically active neuropeptides that penetrate the blood-brain barrier and directly reach nerve cells. The drug has an organ-specific multimodal effect on the brain, that is, it provides metabolic regulation, neuroprotection, functional neuromodulation and neurotrophic activity.
Metabolic regulation: Cerebrolysin® increases the efficiency of aerobic energy metabolism in the brain, improves intracellular protein synthesis in the developing and aging brain.
Neuroprotection: Cerebrolysin® protects neurons from the damaging effects of lactic acidosis, prevents the formation of free radicals, increases survival, and prevents neuronal death under conditions of hypoxia and ischemia, reduces the damaging neurotoxic effect of excitatory amino acids (glutamate).
Neurotrophic activity: Cerebrolysin® is a nootropic peptidergic drug with proven neurotrophic activity under conditions of peripheral administration and similar to the action of natural neuronal growth factors (NGF).
Functional neuromodulation: Cerebrolysin® has a positive effect on cognitive impairment, on the processes of remembering and reproducing information, activates the process of mental activity, improves mood, promotes the formation of positive emotions, thus exerting a modeling effect on behavior.
Indications for use
Organic, metabolic and neurodegenerative diseases of the brain, in particular senile dementia of the Alzheimer type – post-stroke complications
Traumatic brain injury; postoperative trauma; bruises and concussions
Dosage and administration
It is possible to prescribe single doses, the value of which can reach 50 ml, but course therapy is more effective.
The recommended optimal course of treatment includes daily use for 10-20 days.
Daily recommended doses:
- Organic, metabolic and neurodegenerative diseases of the brain (dementia) – 5-30 ml.
- Post-stroke complications – 10-50 ml.
- Traumatic brain injury – 10-50 ml.
- Children – 1-2 ml.
To improve the effectiveness of treatment, repeated courses can be carried out until positive results of treatment are obtained. After the first course, the frequency of prescribing doses can be reduced to 2 or 3 times a week. Breaks between courses of therapy should be of the same duration as the courses of treatment themselves.
Cerebrolysin® in doses up to 5 ml can be administered intramuscularly and up to 10 ml – by intravenous injection. The drug in doses of 10 to 50 ml is recommended to be administered by slow intravenous infusion after dilution with standard solutions. The duration of the infusion should be between 15 and 60 minutes.
After dilution with 0.9% sodium chloride solution (9 mg NaCl / ml), Ringer’s solution (Na + 153.98 mmol / l, Ca2 + 2.74 mmol / l, K + 4.02 mmol / l, Cl-163 .48 mmol / l) or 5% glucose solution, the drug is physically and chemically stable for at least 24 hours when stored at room temperature, unprotected from light.
Simultaneous administration of Cerebrolysin® with vitamins and drugs that improve cardiac circulation is allowed, however, these drugs should not be mixed in the same syringe with Cerebrolysin®.
Use only a clear amber solution and only once.
If Cerebrolysin® is administered through a long-term infusion catheter, the system must be flushed with saline sodium chloride solution before and after use.
Possible side effects
– with excessively rapid administration, in rare cases, a feeling of heat, sweating is possible
– headache, dizziness, neck pain, pain in extremities, shortness of breath, back pain, collaptoid condition
– loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, diarrhea, constipation
– hypersensitivity or allergic reactions: skin redness, itching, burning at the injection site
– in rare cases, the intended activation effect may be accompanied by arousal (aggressive behavior, confusion, insomnia);
– in isolated cases (<0.01%) – major epileptic seizures and convulsions
– with excessively rapid administration, palpitations, arrhythmia are possible
According to the results of studies, extremely rare cases of hyperventilation, arterial hypertension, arterial hypotension, fatigue, tremor, depression, apathy, drowsiness, flu-like symptoms (runny nose, cough, respiratory infections) have been reported.
Since Cerebrolysin® is used to treat the elderly, and the above undesirable effects are typical for this patient population, these phenomena may not be associated with the use of Cerebrolysin®.
- Individual intolerance to the drug
- Severe kidney failure
The simultaneous use of antidepressants or monoamine oxidase inhibitors in combination with Cerebrolysin® may cause an increase in their action.
Cerebrolysin® and balanced amino acid solutions should not be mixed in the same solution for infusion.
Cerebrolysin® is incompatible with solutions containing lipids and with solutions that change the pH of the drug (5.0-8.0).
With caution, the drug is prescribed for allergic diathesis, large convulsive seizures.
Pregnancy and lactation
The results of in vitro studies showed no signs of reproductive toxicity. Clinical studies involving pregnant and lactating women have not been conducted.
The use of Cerebrolysin® during pregnancy and during breastfeeding is possible only after a thorough analysis of the ratio of the positive effect of treatment and the risk associated with the use of the drug.
Features of the influence of the drug on the ability to drive vehicles or potentially dangerous mechanisms
The drug does not reduce the reaction and attention when driving vehicles and operating mechanisms.
To date, no cases of overdose or intoxication have been noted.
Store in a dark place, in the manufacturer’s packaging, at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 5 years
Do not use after the expiration date
- Cerebrolysin for vascular dementia.
- Cerebrolysin for stroke, neurodegeneration, and traumatic brain injury: review of the literature and outcomes.
- Cerebrolysin: a multi-target drug for recovery after stroke.
- Cerebrolysin for acute ischaemic stroke.
- Cerebrolysin: a review of its use in dementia.
- Neurotrophic effects of FPF–1070 (Cerebrolysin) on cultured neurons from chicken embryo dorsal root ganglia, ciliary ganglia, and sympathetic trunks.
- Efficacy of FPF 1070 (Cerebrolysin) in Patients with Alzheimer??s Disease
- Gingko Biloba versus Neuropeptide Derivative FPF 1070 (Cerebrolysin) Effect against Cisplatin-Induced Sciatic Neuropathy
There are no reviews yet.