An anxiolytic agent. In terms of chemical structure, mebicar is similar to natural body metabolites. It does not interact with acids, alkali, oxidants or reducing agents, various medications or food components. Mebicar affects all major neurotransmitter systems.
Adaptol® can be used without the need to interrupt work or studies, since it does not cause drowsiness, exalted mood or euphoria, it does not cause the development of dependency and addiction, abstinence syndrome.
Pharmaceutical form: Capsules, 300 mg
One tablet contains the active substance – Mebicarum (Tetramethylglycoluril, Tetramethyltetraazocycloocyandione, Mebicar) 300 mg
Indications for use
– neuroses and neurosis-like states, proceeding with symptoms of irritability, emotional instability, anxiety and fear
– to improve the tolerance of neuroleptics and tranquilizers in order to eliminate the somatovegetative and neurological side effects they cause
– with cardialgia of various origins (not associated with coronary heart disease)
– as a means of reducing the urge to smoke tobacco, as part of complex therapy
Adaptol is taken orally, regardless of food intake, 300-600 mg 2-3 times a day. The maximum single dose is 3 g, the daily dose is 10 g. The duration of the course of treatment is from several days to 2-3 months.
In complex therapy, as a means of reducing the craving for smoking tobacco, the drug is prescribed 600-900 mg 3 times a day for 5-6 weeks.
Addiction, addiction and withdrawal to Adaptol have not been established. If the next dose has not been taken, the course of treatment is continued in the previously prescribed doses. If necessary, you should consult with your doctor.
– allergic reactions (skin rash, itching)
– dyspeptic symptoms (heartburn, belching, feeling of fullness in the abdomen, diarrhea)
– hypotension, decrease in body temperature
– weakness, dizziness
Usually adaptol is well tolerated. These side effects can occur after high doses. In this case, you should stop taking the drug.
– hypersensitivity to the active substance or to excipients
– pregnancy and lactation
– children and adolescents up to 18 years old
Adaptol can be combined with neuroleptics, tranquilizers (benzodiazepines), hypnotics, antidepressants and psychostimulants.
In cases of hypotension and / or a decrease in body temperature (body temperature may drop by 1-1.5 ° C), discontinuation of the drug is not required. Blood pressure and body temperature normalize on their own within a few days.
Features of the impact on the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous machinery
It should not be used during work by vehicle drivers and people whose profession is associated with increased concentration of attention.
The toxicity of the drug is low. The typical clinical picture of an overdose is absent. No cases of severe poisoning were registered.
Symptoms: weakness, hypotension, dizziness may occur.
Treatment: symptomatic treatment, including gastric lavage.
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life – 3 years
The drug should not be used after the expiration date indicated on the package.