FREE Shippingto US, AU, UK and EU on all orders over $149
/

GLIATILIN® (Alpha-GPC) 400 mg, 14 capsules

$48.30

775a7d679005

Description

One capsule of Gliatilin contains:
  • Active ingredients: Choline Alfoscerate (Alpha-GPC) 400 mg,
  • Excipients: glycerin, purified water.
  • The composition of the capsule shell: gelatin, esitol (D-sorbitol), sorbitans, sodium ethyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium propyl parahydroxybenzoate, titanium dioxide (E 171), yellow iron oxide (E 172).

 

Pharmacological properties

Pharmacokinetics

Suction and distribution

After oral administration, absorption is 88%. Easily penetrates the blood-brain barrier, accumulates mainly in the brain (the concentration reaches 45% of the level in the blood plasma), lungs and liver.

Metabolism and excretion

85% is excreted by the lungs in the form of carbon dioxide, the rest (15%) – by the kidneys and through the intestines.

Pharmacodynamics

Gliatilin® is a centrally acting cholinomimetic. The composition of the drug includes 40.5% of metabolically protected choline. Metabolic protection ensures the release of choline in the brain. The mechanism of action is based on the fact that when choline enters the body, alfoscerate is cleaved under the action of enzymes into choline and glycerophosphate: choline is involved in the biosynthesis of acetylcholine, one of the main mediators of nervous excitation; Glycerophosphate is a precursor of phospholipids (phosphatidylcholine) of neuronal membranes. Thus, Gliatilin® improves the transmission of nerve impulses in cholinergic neurons; promotes the restoration of damaged neuronal membranes and receptor function, prevents the development of apoptosis (prevents the death of neurons). Research results have shown that Gliatilin® has a significant positive effect on memory and intelligence, as well as on indicators of the emotional state and behavior, the deterioration of which was caused by hypoxia or the development of degenerative or vascular pathology of the brain. Gliatilin® improves cerebral blood flow, enhances metabolic processes in the brain, activates the structures of the reticular formation of the brain and restores consciousness in traumatic brain damage.

 

Indications for use

Degenerative and involutional psycho-organic syndromes and the consequences of cerebrovascular insufficiency, such as primary and secondary disorders of mnestic functions, characterized by memory impairment, confusion, disorientation, decreased motivation, initiative and ability to concentrate

Changes in the emotional and behavioral sphere in the elderly: emotional lability, increased irritability, decreased interest in the environment, senile pseudodepression

 

How to take Gliatilin 400 mg capsules?

Capsules are taken orally 400 mg (1 capsule) 2-3 times a day.

The daily dose may be increased at the discretion of the physician.

 

Possible side effects

  • The drug is well tolerated even with prolonged use.

Maybe

  • Nausea (as a consequence of dopaminergic activation)
  • Allergic reactions

 

Contraindications

  • Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug
  • Pregnancy and lactation

 

Drug Interactions

Clinically significant interactions with other drugs have not been identified.

 

Special instructions

Application in pediatric practice

The efficacy and safety of the drug in children has not been studied enough.

Features of the influence of the drug on the ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous mechanisms

GLIATILIN does not affect the patient’s ability to drive a vehicle or potentially dangerous machinery.

 

Overdose

Symptoms: nausea.

Treatment: when this symptom appears, it is recommended to reduce the dose of the drug.

 

How to store Gliatilin capsules?

Store at a temperature not exceeding 25°C
Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life – 3 years
Do not use the drug after the expiration date!

Additional information

Ingredient

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “GLIATILIN® (Alpha-GPC) 400 mg, 14 capsules”

Your email address will not be published.